Who are we?
NCCAR is an educational organization comprised of Canadians of diverse backgrounds.
Principles that underpin NCCAR’s work and anchor its positions are those that Canadians cherish: truth, justice, freedom, democracy, equality and security for all people as found in international law, including universal human rights and international humanitarian law. Canadians have traditionally affirmed that Canada ’s public policies should be based on the rule of law, and should continue to underscore the importance of multilateralism as the principle means of solving the world’s challenges. NCCAR strongly endorses these sentiments.
NCCAR’s mission is to build knowledge and ties between Canadians and the people of the Arab world in order to develop stronger relations and cooperation between them as well as raise an appreciation of their common values.
NCCAR’s goal is to advance education in Canada by a) providing seminars, conferences and workshops and b) providing leadership training in relation to the social, economic, political and cultural history and current issues of the Arab world and Middle East.
NCCAR aims to:
- be a reliable source of information, insights and ideas for government, parliamentarians, decision-makers, media, business, academics and other organizations and individuals
- have a positive and enduring impact on
- Canadians’ understanding of people from the Arab world
- Canadian policies, positions and practices in relation to our mission and principles.
How Do We Achieve Our Goals and Conduct Our Work?
NCCAR achieves its goals through a broad range of creative and informative activities including seminars, forums, workshops, presentations, internships, educational and cultural programs, audio-visual projects, humanitarian aid projects, analyses, op-eds, and briefs.
Our efforts within the organization are inspired and guided by the following values:
- Good governance, responsible decision-making and open communications
- Trust, teamwork and loyalty
- Diversity and creativity
- Active and enjoyable participation